Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mark My Words

I survived my first Bicillin injection on Wednesday! The needle amazingly didn't hurt a bit and it was over in a heartbeat. The site became sore several hours later; not right away like I expected. I figured that I would start Herxing right away, but I actually didn't get really sick until around 10 hours later. I was VERY sick for a few hours--complete with uncontrollable, violent muscle jerking--and I wanted to throw in the towel, but I had a friend with me who helped me through the pain.

Tonight is my second shot. My derriere is pretty sore, and it's going to be very painful when I have to have another shot on that side (we alternate sides every time). I will be getting injections on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from now until question mark. My plan for this weekend is to hole up in my bed and watch a marathon of The Wonder Years on Netflix.

I am so proud of my body for how hard it is fighting this battle. Lyme disease treatment is incredibly difficult, both physically and mentally. But, I am stubborn and strong-willed and I will never, ever give up. Mark my words, I WILL OVERCOME THIS!




"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it." Helen Keller

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I've been watching marathons of the Wonder Years on Netflix too as I lay unable to do anything else :) Good stuff. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you will! So glad it wasn't as bad as you expected. I hope they get easier and easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As thе metabоlism іs the гаte thаt the
    body must go through tο prοperly lose weight.



    Heгe is my ѕitе pure green coffee extract

    ReplyDelete