Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Balloon


This is my happy balloon. It used to be happier a few months ago. Now it is droopy and anything but happy looking!
Yet, for reasons I can't explain, I don't have the heart to throw it away.

Today my three year old asked me, "Mommy, is your happy balloon happy?" I replied, "No, I don't think it's very happy anymore." To which he answered sagely, "But Mommy, he's still smiling!"

I thought about this. Oh, my smart child! My happy balloon is miserable and sorry looking, but it is still smiling! Sometimes all you need is a different perspective.

With late stage Lyme Disease, there are a lot of bumps in the road. I have a long journey ahead of me. My body has been sick for so long that if the treatment doesn't go at a snail's pace, my body can't handle it. But, like my pal happy balloon, I may look and feel miserable and droopy, but no one can wipe the silly smile off of my face! Thank you happy balloon for sending me your silly, happy, get well soon vibes.

2 comments:

  1. I like this...It puts things in my own life into perspective..I think I need to have a happy ballon here too...love you Aly and I pray for you everyday that you have the strength to get thru this miserable disease...love you Aunt Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bringing you some happy gf/df brownies tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete