Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hopeful Housewife



Today on this dreary November day, there was a beautiful rainbow in the sky, known to many as a symbol of hope. It seems fitting that on this day I would receive the ray of hope I've been needing for weeks.

"Kids, dinner!" Those words have come out of my mouth so many times without so much as a second thought. But tonight as I proudly shouted that phrase up the steps and the words came tumbling out of my mouth, I was floored by emotion. My kids came thundering down the stairs, blissfully oblivious of the momentous event that had just occurred.

It has been ages since those two simple words, "Kids, dinner!" have come out of my mouth. Yet there it was, undeniably: dinner on my table, and I put it there! My rainbow, my ray of hope after only 5 days of being back on antibiotics. It's too soon to tell if it's just one of the many highs in the never ending series of highs and lows that comes with Lyme Disease, or if the medicine is doing its job. After weeks of being mostly bedridden, it feels like nothing short of a miracle!

2 comments: