Monday, March 14, 2011

Earthquake in Japan

My God, I can't even wrap my mind around what is going on in Japan.. My tear stained face and aching heart knows nothing, absolutely nothing of the pain these people are feeling right now. And all I can do is cry helpless tears for a country absolutely broken beyond anything I can comprehend.

I can't help but think about all that I have and just how very lucky I am. I have a house and food and water and things--so many useless, stupid things.  What matters most to me is my family, and they are safe and sound and tucked into their beds upstairs above me. Safe; we are safe. And oh, how we take that for granted every second of every day!

I can't sleep! Here I sit at my computer, sipping my favorite tea (my beloved Japanese tea!),  with a roof over my head and with a full belly; with heat and electricity and water.  I feel so helpless and it feels so wrong to be sitting here with everything while thinking of those who have suddenly ended up with nothing!

I am only one person. What could I possibly do? What could I possibly give to make a difference? The answer is money. I don't have a lot, but as Mother Teresa said, “If you can't feed a hundred people, then just feed one.” 

There are so many worthwhile organizations to donate money to. I hope you will give a donation, however large or small, to help the victims of the earthquake in Japan.  Here are just a few places to consider making a contribution to: ShelterBoxDoctors Without Borders, The American Red Cross, Worldvision.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, and know that giving money is one way we can help make a difference. May God reach down with His healing hands and touch this country.

    ReplyDelete