Monday, May 2, 2011

Going, Going, GONE Lime Green For Lyme

Yesterday, May 1st, kicked off Lyme Disease Awareness Month! Many people having been raising awareness by turning their Facebook profile picture lime green. It's been so amazing to watch my Facebook News Feed light up lime green by friends and family who have been touched by my Lyme journey. It gives me such inspiration to keep fighting this painful disease! I hope many others will also be inspired to go lime green for Lyme!!


In other news, I've been back on antibiotics for almost a week now, and my body has adjusted to my new medicine quite well. I'm definitely Herxing, but it's tolerable and I've still been able to function. Tomorrow, I add in the third medicine: Bactrim--the antibiotic that knocked my weight down to a very scary 100 lbs and left me so weak that I had to take an unanticipated treatment break.

For the past few weeks now, I've been able to function amazingly well. It's so wonderful for me to be able to get all of my ducks in a row to gear up for tomorrow's big day. I'm following the school of thought of "expect the best, but prepare for the worst." I know I can do this! I'm much stronger now, and all of this lime green love has given me extra strength and encouragement for my fight!

4 comments: